Monday 24 January 2011

Gurudeva Datta



I am not limited to my body.

I am omnipresent, omniscient

and omnipotent God.

I work with thousands of hands

and without them also.

I look with thousands of eyes

and without them also.

I listen with thousands of ears

and without them also.

I eat with thousands of mouths

and I eat myself

and I am the metabolic activity.

I do not take birth

and I do not perish.

but I am associated with the illusion

of birth and death.

It appears that I flourish and decay

but it is not the truth.

Actually I am not the one

who bears sorrow and happiness,

pain and pleasure.

I am like the wide canvas of sky

which remain unchanged

while these material aspects

arrive and depart

like the clouds appear and disappear.

I do not give away anything

and I never gain anything

because I belong to everything

and everything belongs to me.