Saturday 14 July 2012

Delight


Oh God,
I do not expect 
happiness derived from 
my material bodily senses 
which bind me and
make me their slave
and make me to gain
desirable things and
make me to get rid of 
undesirable things.

Oh God,
I know that the 
true happiness
can be achieved 
only by your name.
Chanting your name 
only can bestow unto me 
the peace of mind.

Oh God,
Unwillingly going on 
doing industrious work
which is not required to do
does not give happiness
and the desire to gain 
extreme bodily pleasure
tends towards sorrow.

whereas peace of mind 
gives true happiness
and due to this 
peaceful happiness
mind remains in 
steady condition.
When this steady mind 
is concentrated on God,
the ego vanishes;
the mind becomes 
soft and light like petal
and the complete union occurs.
+